Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blog #1


1. Which of the three books did you enjoy the most and why?
I enjoyed 1984 the most. I liked it the best because I found the plot of the story very interesting. The story dragged me in because Winston Smith's never breaking desire to dissent against Big Brother constantly grabbed my attention. The book was extremely descriptive and that helped to keep me interested because things were constantly being talked about and I did not find any dull moments.

2. Which of the three books did you enjoy least and why?
I least enjoyed Their Eyes Were Watching God because the language in the novel was difficult for me to understand. It makes sense that the book was written that way because of the time period of the novel, and that dialect fits well with the characters, but I found the book hard to understand at some points due to the diction.

3. If you were to write an essay on the third novel what element or elements would you focus on in that essay and why do think they are important?
If I were to write an essay on The Stranger, I would focus on how Meursault changes throughout the novel. I would focus on his attitude toward certain people and things and how his views change by the end. Also, during the chapter on the murder it might be possible to compare the tone of that chapter with the tone of previous chapters to help explain Meursault's change.

No comments:

Post a Comment